Thursday, February 17, 2022

For Those Who Think I've Got It All Together

 

I'm just a little over a month shy of having been doing this blog for ten years.

Before that, I became an elder at my church.

Before that, I spent 14 years of my life ministering to and with teenagers; attempting to make disciples out of the clay God put in my reach.

With all of that, you might be tempted to think I've become a mature, in-the-zone kind of Jesus follower: full of wisdom and truth and the confidence that comes from being acclimated to hearing God's voice and walking in step with the Spirit.

"Here's a guy that's been around the track a few times and has a firm grip on God's specific will for his life."



Truth is...since leaving vocational ministry in 1998, my life has been a series of walking through doors that have been opened. There has been no overwhelming sense of any step being exactly what God wanted or any activity being what everything up to that point in my life had prepared me for. Sure, there have been flickers of light and echoes of harmonious collaborations with the Spirit, but nothing that has made my eyes open wide and caused me to say, "Oh, NOW I understand!"

But still, even if I can't see God's hand in every little detail, I am still convinced he loves me in incomprehensible ways. I trust his heart is inclined toward me...as it is toward each person reading these words.


No comments:

Post a Comment