Thursday, February 10, 2022

Romans 7 Per Calvin & Hobbes

 

We find our hero, Calvin, at the top of a snowy hill.


He comes to a shocking realization.


The apostle Paul put it like this in Romans 7:18-20 (NLT):

I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t. I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Truth is...We all suffer from this dilemma, but we also all can enjoy the same solution Paul expressed in verses 24 and 25: "Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord."


No comments:

Post a Comment