Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Truth by the Bald Guy: Top 25 Jesus Quotes: #16


In the last several years, Tony Campolo has ruffled a few conservative feathers with some of his liberal-leaning views about hot-button topics, but in the times I've personally heard him speak (back in my youth ministry days), he never failed to wake me from my complacency, point me in the right direction, and give me a firm shove.

This quote of his that comes in 16th on azquotes.com's list of top 25 quotes about Jesus carries on the tradition.




Jesus never says to the poor: "come find the church," but he says to those of us in the church: "go into the world and find the poor, hungry, homeless, imprisoned."

Truth is...You can read the whole story in Matthew 25:31-46, but Jesus' punch line (and it packs quite a punch) is, "I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me."

No comments:

Post a Comment