Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Son of God

 

Per the Nicene Creed:

...the only Son of God...



Per the Holy Bible:

The king proclaims the Lord’s decree: “The Lord said to me, ‘You are my son. Today I have become your Father.'"

Psalm 2:7 NLT

And a voice from heaven said, “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy.”

Matthew 3:17

For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:16

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

For Yahweh to be eternally identified as "Father," there has to have eternally been a "Son". That loving, authoritative/submissive relationship has always been present in the Godhead and is beyond our complete comprehension. How can Jesus be both God and Son? That is a mystery clearly taught in Scripture, but never fully explained.

Truth is...if I could completely understand God, I don't think he'd be worth worshiping.


No comments:

Post a Comment