Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Acts 2:29-35 With Footnotes


Brothers: I must speak to you quite plainly about our patriarch David. He died and was buried, and his grave is here with us to this very day. He was a prophet, and he knew God's promise to him: God made a vow that he would make one of David's descendants a king, just as David was. David saw what God was going to do, and so he spoke about the resurrection of the Messiah when he said,
"He was not abandoned in the world of the dead;   his flesh did not decay."

God has raised this very Jesus from the dead, and we are all witnesses to this fact. He has been raised to the right side of God and received from him the Holy Spirit, as his Father had promised; and what you now see and hear is his gift that he has poured out on us. For David himself did not go up into heaven; rather he said,
"The Lord said to my Lord:'Sit here at my right side,until I put your enemies as a footstool under your feet'."


I can see how blind I really was now
My lies were eyes for a blind man
Look at me, my Lord said look at me now
And He gave sight to this blind man

The devil's lost again
The devil's lost again

I can tell how deaf I really was now
My ears were jeers of the dying
Woah, Living Word, my Lord's the Living Word now
He spoke, I woke from my screaming

The devil's lost again
The devil's lost again

The devil is a liar
The devil is a liar

I could feel how dead I really was now
My pride was the guide through a graveyard
Rise and walk, my Lord said rise and walk now
My life is yours for the giving

The devil's lost again
The devil's lost again

The devil is a liar
The devil is a liar

"The Devil's Lost Again"
©1974 Latter Rain Music and Word Music, Inc.



https://youtu.be/s1GJj1b3_pE


*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Truth is...The totally rocking nature of this song absolutely fits the message of Satan's defeat because of Jesus' victory over death. "The devil ain't got no hold on me!" (Want some more righteous rock-n-roll? Click that quote and rock on.)


No comments:

Post a Comment