Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Acts 2:36 With Footnotes


All the people of Israel, then, are to know for sure that it is this Jesus, whom you nailed to the cross, that God has made Lord and Messiah!




Open your eyes and see
That the morning comes with Me
For I am the light of the world
No one goes to the Father but by Me
Why must we be so blind and not see
That the Light is free?
Oh, just to think that He died
Thinking of you and me
And the lives we would lead
In the sins of our words and deeds
And yet He loves you
He loves me
He loves us, hallelujah!
Oh Jesus loves you
And He loves me
He loves us, hallelujah!
Hallelujah!
He took away my sin and shame...

Lord, here I am
And I can't change a thing
Except my appearance
And that don't mean a thing
I don't wanna hide
Or tear myself in two
That's not up to me, Lord
That's up to You
Oh, Lord, let me see how I've used You
To sing my song

Yes, I know I do wrong
Even though I belong
And yet You love me
He loves me
He loves me, hallelujah!
Oh Jesus loves me
Yes He loves me
He loves me, hallelujah!
Hallelujah!
He took away my sin and shame...

Lord, here I am
©1974 Latter Rain Music and Word Music, Inc.




*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Truth is...I don't know exactly what each phrase of this song means, but the main thing is the plain thing: Jesus was motivated by love to pay the debt of my rebellion, He continues to love me beyond measure, and my appropriate response to that is to place myself at His disposal.

Lord, here I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment