Tuesday, February 28, 2017

"Do You Still Not Get It?"


Sometimes, a question is just a question, but other times, it's a swift kick right where you need it.


Mark 8:16-21 (The Message)

The disciples were finding fault with each other because they had forgotten to bring bread. Jesus overheard and said, “Why are you fussing because you forgot bread? Don’t you see the point of all this? Don’t you get it at all? Remember the five loaves I broke for the five thousand? How many baskets of leftovers did you pick up?”


They said, “Twelve.”


“And the seven loaves for the four thousand—how many bags full of leftovers did you get?”


“Seven.”



He said, “Do you still not get it?”



From my journal, December 21, 2000


Jesus put the question to His closest followers: "Do you still not get it?"  -  And He can ask me the same thing today, I'm sure.


"I've fed thousands from just a little, and had more leftovers than I had to begin with. I've walked on water. I've stopped a raging storm dead in its tracks, just by saying so. I've rekindled lost passion. I've moved you from comfort and familiarity until the new became comfortable and familiar...am I not capable of managing your every need? Both now and into the future?"


Truth is...Of course You are, Lord. You are able. I need only to trust and obey.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Dewey. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to come across your profile and the blog post which reminds us of Trusting and Obeying the Lord. I am also glad to know that you are a Youth Minister. I am blessed by your post. I am truly blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged,strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 37 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where rihest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have your young people come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking foward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends and also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Diwakar, for your kind words, and may our Father bless your work for the Kingdom. One correction: I WAS a youth minister...for 14 years...but I am now an elder at my congregation and help lead worship; no longer in full-time vocational ministry.

    ReplyDelete