Tuesday, February 7, 2017

5,000 People; All Glad I'm Not Jesus


It's been said before..."There is a God, and you're not Him." Well, I just read a journal entry of mine from December 2000 that indicates what a good thing it is I'm not.



RE: Mark 6:30-44

So...the apostles get back from their preaching tours and Jesus wants to get away with just the 12 for a restful break. They sail across to the other shore and are met by a crowd of thousands.

The next phrase is a telling truth that points out a major difference between Jesus and me: "At the sight of them, his heart broke  -  like sheep without a shepherd they were."


Had it been me, I would have felt exasperation bordering on anger...anything but compassion. And they definitely would have been on their own for supper!



*  *  *  *  *  *  *
Truth is...If the truth were known, all would clearly see I've still got such a long way to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment