Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Church Kills


Don't know if this church sign is a blooper, funny on purpose, or even if it's for real...but I do know it's true.



No, I'm not saying that attending church services will kill you. Though I've been in some that almost put me in a coma.


It's dying to self that I'm alluding to here. It's getting rid of the bad past and stepping into the good future.


It all relates to what the Apostle Paul asked in Romans 6:2, "How shall we who died to sin still live in it?"


Or even more to the point, hear the words of Jesus:

Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? (Matthew 16:24-26 NIV)

Truth is...as long as my life is all about "I, me, me, mine," I will be prone to worry. It would be much better to, as Petra put it in the following song, "kill my old man" (figuratively die to my old way of living). And yes, involvement in a church can help with that.



No comments:

Post a Comment