Tuesday, April 29, 2014

My Heart Needs Help


Thirty-one years ago, according to my journal, I was beating myself up a bit in response to reading Proverbs 21:1-3.

A person may think their own ways are right, but the Lord weighs the heart.




The Lord knows what is inside me...how can He stand to even look?

How is it that a simple commitment to read a few verses of Proverbs every morning was so hard to live up to faithfully? And there's nothing I can do to make up for it - to obey is better than sacrifice.


I know that God never commanded me to read His Word every day, but I promised myself...and let myself down. I'm so concerned about earthly, fleshly, temporal things that I've crowded out any concern for the things of my true citizenship.

Truth is...I could pretty much write the same thing today. The good news is that Yahweh is happier about the fact that I'm still trying...that I haven't walked away...than I am grieved about my lack of consistency. (Unless being consistently inconsistent counts.) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment