Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Acts 2:36-38 With Footnotes


"All the people of Israel, then, are to know for sure that it is this Jesus, whom you nailed to the cross, that God has made Lord and Messiah!"

When the people heard this, they were deeply troubled, and said to Peter and the other apostles, "What shall we do, brothers?"



Peter said to them, "Turn away from your sins, each one of you, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, so that your sins will be forgiven..."


I don't wanna go home
Without sharing the Word
How He came to wash us
With His blood precious
And I start crying

Don't you wanna be free?
Things that hassle your soul
Keep your life from livin'
And your give from givin'
Are you dying?

If you could do it from the start again
And change those things that you'd rather hadn't been
Stop your lying

Jesus offers the way
You can be born again
All your past forgiven
And new life to live in
He's worth trying

Now you can do it from your heart, my friend
And change those things that you'd rather hadn't been
Stop denying!
Are you dying?
Stop your lying!

"I Don't Wanna Go Home"
©1974 Latter Rain Music and Word Music, Inc.


Truth is...once I stop lying to myself; stop pretending that I'm basically a good person and start believing the bad news that my sin nailed Jesus to the cross...once I do that, then I'm able to appreciate the good news that it's because of that sacrificial death that I can go Home with a clear conscience.


No comments:

Post a Comment