Thursday, June 20, 2024

Jesus Is THE Alpha Male

 

Leader of the Pack. The Big Kahuna. Commander in Chief. Top Dog. Jefe El Grande.

Please have a sense of humor about this

Jesus put it this way in Revelation 22:13...

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end,
the first and the last.

In Philippians 2:9-11, Paul wrote...

God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord.

And in Colossians 1:15-18...

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

Make no doubt about it, everyone and everything pales in comparison to Jesus. Does your parent love you unconditionally? Jesus loves you more. Are you in touch with your inner motivations and strengths? Jesus knows you more.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Truth is...Because of this, I want Jesus to be my Alpha. And that should be easy, right, for Jesus to be something for me that he already says he is? It's like asking him to "be with me" when he's already said, "I am with you always."

Christ before me
Christ behind me
Christ on the lips of everyone
who speaks of me


No comments:

Post a Comment