Tuesday, May 25, 2021

The Return of Jesus

 

Per the Nicene Creed:

He will come again in glory



Per the Holy Bible:

Then the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together. The Lord has spoken!

Isaiah 40:5

After saying this, [Jesus] was taken up into a cloud while they were watching, and they could no longer see him. As they strained to see him rising into heaven, two white-robed men suddenly stood among them. “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why are you standing here staring into heaven? Jesus has been taken from you into heaven, but someday he will return from heaven in the same way you saw him go!”

Acts 1:9-11

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Truth is...perhaps the most hope-inducing words ever uttered by Jesus are found in John 14: 1-3.

Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.

And of course, Rich Mullins has a highly appropriate song for this occasion. Enjoy...




No comments:

Post a Comment