Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Righteous Rocker #3


Larry Norman recorded several different versions of "Righteous Rocker" throughout his career, but since this blog has taken it upon itself to educate the masses about the album In Another Land, you get to listen to the shortest (48 seconds) and least rocky rendition available.




You can be a righteous rocker or a holy roller
You can be most anything
You can be a child of the slum or a skid row bum
Or you can be an earthly king
But without love you ain't nothing without love
Without love you ain't nothing without love...


*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Truth is...no matter how fast, slow, long, short, rocking, or contemplative the arrangement, this particular song is an able restating of Paul's words in First Corinthians 13:1-3.



If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing. (NLT)

2 comments:

  1. I think this is my favorite version of the song...probably because it's the one I heard first. Ya gotta love those celestial BGV's drenched in reverb (or something).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree...and for the same reason.

      Delete