Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Much Too High A Price


I recently was reminded of a song I'd sung publicly a few times many years ago and it strikes me that many who regularly visit this space may have never heard it...and that's a shame.

Not a shame that they've never heard ME sing it, but a shame that they've never heard it at all. It speaks clearly of the lengths to which God went to show His love for us...the price He paid in order to pave our path to life eternal with Him. (And with Good Friday just a few days away, now is a perfect time to introduce the song to the those unfamiliar with it.)




This is the most popular recording of Much Too High A Price, sung by Larnelle Harris.





Your love endured the cross
Despising all the shame
That afternoon when midnight fell
Your suffering cleared my name
And that sin-swept hill became
The open door to paradise
Because You paid so high a price

You paid much too high a price for me
Your tears, Your blood, the pain
To have my soul just stirred at times
Yet never truly change
You deserve a fiery love
That won't ignore your sacrifice
Because you paid much too high a price

Your grace inspires my heart
To rise above the sin
And all the earthly vanity
That seeks to draw me in
I want to tell this jaded world of love
That truly saved a life
A love that paid
So high a price

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Truth is...the first time I heard this song, I cried. I rarely sang it all the way through without shedding tears. And today, when I just read the words to my son so he would know what I was talking about...you guessed it. How can I not be overwhelmed by being loved so completely?


No comments:

Post a Comment