Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Perfect Moment


My Beloved and I recently enjoyed a concert by Art Garfunkel, the taller half of the folk-rock duo, Simon & Garfunkel, famous for songs like "The Boxer", "Mrs. Robinson", and "Bridge Over Troubled Water".




There's a minuscule connection between S&G and this blog. Partly because part of the lyric to "Sound of Silence" is mentioned in the description of our Facebook page, but mostly because I've written about a couple of Simon-penned songs before (found here and here).


The playlist for Mr. G's solo concert was mostly Simon & Garfunkel songs, which were mostly Simon compositions, but there was one song he introduced as coming completely from him..."Perfect Moment".


I met you once before the first time,

Cinema 1 or 2, I noticed you
Standing in line, your eyes met mine
And I could not look away

There we were,

In a perfect moment
A perfect moment in time
For a moment you were mine

So later on I knew the first time

That it would be alright for us that night
Trust in our eyes,
We made a bridge of sighs
When we crossed over it was day

There we were,

In a perfect moment
A perfect moment in time
For a moment you were mine

I wasn't ready for the last time,

But wasn't I supposed to let you go?
Into the blue
But still I'm holding you
For you're a million miles away

There we are,

In a perfect moment
A perfect moment in time
For a moment you were mine

In a perfect moment

A perfect moment in time

Just for a moment you were mine



Truth is...some love songs contain both joy and sadness, and in the grand scheme of things, even a whole lifetime spent with someone you love is just a moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment