Tuesday, September 29, 2015

How Could I Ask For More?


The word on the street is that the 90s are making a comeback. From fashion to movies to musical styles, everything old is new again.



It's a fairly common occurrence, actually. The sitcom Happy Days, set in the 1950s, was hugely popular in the 70s. That 70s Show was a hit in the 90s. And now, 20 years after the fact, surprise-surprise, here come the 90s again.


As far as music goes, it kind of leaves me in the dark. I pretty much stopped listening to Top 40 radio after Billy Joel's 1981 album, The Stranger (which was the last vinyl record I ever purchased). Not because that wonderful collection of songs scared me away, but because...well, I'm not really sure why. I had become a father and was going to Bible college to prepare for a life of vocational ministry and maybe I no longer had a desire to dedicate any time to that portion of popular culture.


None of which has any effect whatsoever on how glad I was this week to stumble on a song from 1992 by Cindy Morgan, How Could I Ask For More?


It's a quiet, thoughtful recounting of some simple pleasures...things that make life sweet and hearts happy.




Truth is... some of the best things in life are free. Not a new thought, but one that's good to be reminded of, no matter what decade it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment