Tuesday, April 14, 2015

One Plus Three Equals One


Math isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate its dependability and usefulness for conducting business transactions...but there are some things that cold, hard numbers just can't communicate.


For instance, consider what is most probably my favorite bit of Scripture. If it's not too flippant to think of God having a greatest hits album, this would certainly be on it. It's in the second chapter of Paul's letter to the Christians in Galatia, verses twenty and twenty-one.



I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly. (NASB)

It was these verses that led a friend of mine and I to write a song called "The Four of Us," about no longer living for myself, but allowing Jesus...in fact, the whole Trinity...to live through me. You can hear a demo of it by clicking here.




"That's how I know we are one, just the four of us: Father, Son, the Ghost, and me."


Truth is...the resurrection of Jesus isn't just about Easter and it isn't just about Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment