Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Me So Little, He So Big, And Yet...


I was privileged to grow up on a farm that was far enough away from the big city of Fort Wayne, Indiana that I could actually see stars. Many were the nights I would lay in our yard, stare up at the diamond-studded sky, and feel an inner twinge of extreme smallness.



Apparently, the young shepherd David did the same thing, and it led him to write a song that would become the 8th Psalm...



When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
what is mankind that you are mindful of them;
human beings that you care for them?

Margaret Becker turns those thoughts into a more-personal question: Who am I?



Truth is...I may never know why it is He loves me so, but I will live my life celebrating the fact that He does.


No comments:

Post a Comment