Thursday, September 26, 2024

Price Per Gallon

 

[Disclaimer: The financial figures that follow were current approximations at the time of writing. Their exact accuracy isn't the point.]

During my two-shifts-a-week at a local convenience store, I hear a lot of people talk about the price of gasoline. It's been hovering one side or the other of $3 a gallon lately and people are always telling me whether the price has gone up or gone down.

I don't have the heart to tell them I don't really care and could you just pay for it without whining.

Not having any way of knowing whether I should think $3 per gallon is a good price or a bad price, I did a little research to find out how much per gallon some other liquids cost:

Milk: $3.79
Coffee Mate: $5.54
Evian Spring Water: $6.40
Soy Sauce: $15.33
Red Bull: $30
Tabasco Sauce: $94.46

But what about liquids that DO something?

Penicillin: $301
Insulin: $9,411
Chanel No. 5 Perfume: $25,600
Thailand Cobra Venom: $152,000
Scorpian Venom: Almost $39 Million

Truth is...The significance of all these things absolutely disappears in comparison to the one liquid that has affected more good in the lives of more people over the course of more time than any other thing.

Jesus: "This is my blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many."

1 John 1:7 "The blood of Jesus purifies us from all sin."

The Blood of Jesus


No comments:

Post a Comment