Thursday, February 16, 2023

JC Is the WTL

 

If you've spent any time at all around Christians or in church services, chances are high that you've heard several references to the words of Jesus in John 14:6:

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."



In The Imitation of Christ, Thomas à Kempis expands on that:

Without my way, you cannot go. Without my truth, you cannot know. And without my life, you cannot grow. I am the way which you must follow, the truth you must believe, and the life for which you must hope. I am the way never changing, the truth never failing, and the life never ending. I am the straight way, the supreme truth, and the true, blessed, and uncreated life.

Jesus Music pioneer, Keith Green, put it like this:


*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Truth is...I need to spend some time flat on my face, crying out for forgiveness, and repenting from all the times I have tried going my own way, expounding my opinion instead of His truth, living life on my own power instead of being keenly aware of my dependence on Yahweh.


No comments:

Post a Comment