Thursday, September 8, 2022

If This Doesn't Break Your Heart...

 

I became aware of a grief-inducing statistic the other day.

Because of my years of speaking in high school health classes on behalf of Amnion Pregnancy Center, I am on a mailing list that gets sent the state's annual abortion report. In this year's report, there are plenty of tables and graphs that could start a person ranting and raving, but I want to share with you one that practically broke my heart.

For each of the abortions performed in Minnesota, a record is kept of how many previous abortions that person has gone through. The numbers surprised me...and maybe shocked would be a better word.



Just to make sure you're understanding this table, there were 6,015 first-time abortions performed in Minnesota during the 12 months being reported on. There were also 2,335 abortions performed where the woman had had one previous abortion.

That isn't the shocking part.

Go down further and let the realization hit you that for 88 women who had abortions last year, it was their sixth one. For 21 women, last year marked their tenth...or more.

Truth is...This doesn't make me want to jump on a soapbox or urge anyone to vote one way or another. This makes me want to wrap my arms around these women and pray for Yahweh to shower them with comfort and grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment