Thursday, August 18, 2022

And the Wind Was Low

 

The ninth song on the album, Love Song, is a slow, quiet testimony of Chuck Girard's baptism. He sings of what was happening around him and within him and through him as he committed his life to the Lordship of Jesus.


And the wind was low
And He brought me to the water
I felt His hand and joy began
And there was meaning

And the sky was blue
And He gave me His assurance
I then began to understand
The blessed meaning

Oh Creator, your perfect wisdom

And the wind grew still
And he touched me with the power
Then came the fire, the strong desire
To really serve Him

And the tears were joy
And He listened as I sang to Him
I bowed my head, He gently said
I was forgiven

Oh Creator, your perfect promise
(Chuck Girard)

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Truth is...We don't have to be a preacher or a singer or a writer, but each of us is called to be a witness; to simply "go and tell what the Lord has done for you." (Luke 8:39)


1 comment:

  1. I didn't know the backstory to this track before today! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete