Tuesday, January 5, 2021

One God

 

Per the Nicene Creed:

"We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty..."


Per the Holy Bible
:

When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am El-Shaddai—‘God Almighty.’ Serve me faithfully and live a blameless life. I will make a covenant with you, by which I will guarantee to give you countless descendants.”

At this, Abram fell face down on the ground. Then God said to him, “This is my covenant with you: I will make you the father of a multitude of nations! What’s more, I am changing your name. It will no longer be Abram. Instead, you will be called Abraham, for you will be the father of many nations. I will make you extremely fruitful. Your descendants will become many nations, and kings will be among them! I will confirm my covenant with you and your descendants after you, from generation to generation. This is the everlasting covenant: I will always be your God and the God of your descendants after you. And I will give the entire land of Canaan, where you now live as a foreigner, to you and your descendants. It will be their possession forever, and I will be their God.”

Genesis 17:1-8 NLT

Listen, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone.

Deuteronomy 6:4

Pray like this: Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy.

Matthew 6:9

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Truth is...while this statement may cause some consternation down the road when thinking about the Trinity, it really is the basis of all that follows. There is one entity above and beyond everything; one entity who has been and will always be Father: the almighty source of life and love eternally; worthy of praise and submission. We submit ourselves to Yahweh.



No comments:

Post a Comment