Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Acts 2:14-21 With Footnotes


Then Peter stood up with the other eleven apostles, and in a loud voice began to speak to the crowd, "Fellow Jews, and all of you who live in Jerusalem, listen to me and let me tell you what this means. These men are not drunk, as you suppose; it is only nine o'clock in the morning. Rather, this is what the prophet Joel spoke about,

'This is what I will do in the last days, God says: I will pour out my Spirit upon all men. Your sons and your daughters will prophesy; your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams. Yes, even on my slaves, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. I will perform miracles in the sky above, and marvels on the earth below. There will be blood, fire, and thick smoke, the sun will become dark, and the moon red as blood, before the great and glorious Day of the Lord arrives. And then, whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved'."




I heard the ocean say
I started so long ago
I received my first wave
From the hand of God I flow
And the Son comes over the hill
The Son comes over the hill

I heard the breeze at night
Saying I receive my flight
From the turning of His eyes
As they moved across the sky
And the Son comes over the hill
The Son comes over the hill

I heard the Word at night
Speak to darkness with His light
Not a shadow will return
For all darkness shall be burned
When the Son comes over the hill
When the Son comes over the hill
When the Son comes over the hill

"The Son Comes Over the Hill"
©1974 Latter Rain Music and Word Music, Inc.



Truth is...From that Pentecost through today, the Lord has been pouring out His Spirit on all men, and whoever calls on the name of the Lord has been saved, and we've been anticipating the Son coming over the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment