Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Pearls Before Swine Speaks Truth


I'm pretty sure I've never before tapped into Stephan Pastis' comic strip, Pearls Before Swine, for any kind of life lesson, but this past Sunday's strip, I believe, may have touched on something a lot of people are feeling.

It begins with the sweetest, most innocent character in the cast, Pig, as he is bombarded with current events.



Then, we see Pig's unique reaction.


But it's the final panel that plops us right in the middle of SadButTrueVille.


*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Truth is...No doubt, plenty of us wish we had a balloon that would float us away from turmoil and conflict. The hard truth is, we have to BE the change we'd like to see. I can be part of the solution, or I can be part of the problem.

(Now, let's discuss that pig snout on the front of Goat's face.)

No comments:

Post a Comment