Tuesday, April 9, 2013

First Hand Experience


In a previous post, I touched on the account of Jesus' conversation with the Samaritan woman at the well, found in John 4:1-42. Today, let's consider the results of that conversation...how it affected the whole town.

The woman had run into town, telling people to come and listen to Jesus: "Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Messiah?"




Now, look at the last three verses in the passage: So when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days. And because of his words, many more became believers. They said to the woman, "We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world."


Here should be my goal, then, whenever I talk about Jesus: not that anyone would simply believe me, but that they would experience him.


Truth is...if a person's faith depends on the cleverness of my speech or the strength of my logic, then we are all in deep weeds. It's all about Jesus, not my skill at presenting Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment