Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Chaos and Truth


I do not know what goes on in a person's mind that could possibly lead them to open fire in an Orlando club, killing 49 individuals and shattering the lives of hundreds.



I do not know what societal forces or religious interpretations or particular balance of personal rights and Federal regulations to start blaming.


I do not know an awful lot.


But there are a few things of which I am most assuredly certain.


I know Jesus loves each patron of Orlando's Pulse club and gave His life for their sin.


I know Jesus loves the shooter and gave His life for his sin.


I know Jesus loves each member of the LGBT community and gave His life for their sin.


I know Jesus loves each homophobe and gave His life for their sin.


I know Jesus loves each pervert, prostitute, preacher, pacifist, NRA enthusiast, Islamic extremist, Christian fundamentalist, racist, terrorist, and any other "ist" you can conjure.


Jesus loves them all...and died for them all...and weeps for them all...


...and calls each to repentance and a life of holiness.



  • Neither do I condemn you. Go now and leave your life of sin. (John 8:11 NIV)
  • If you love me, you will keep my commandments. (John 14:15 NASB)


Truth is...I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him. (2 Timothy 1:12 NIV)


P.S.

The song featured in this previous post is particularly poignant right now. http://deweytruth.blogspot.com/2012/05/breathe-deep.html 


No comments:

Post a Comment