Tuesday, January 9, 2018

I Love You, I Love You, I Love You...


Having just written the above title for this post, I wonder how many folks immediately thought of an actor named Will and a movie named Elf?



Sorry to disappoint, but that's not what this is about.


I've written about Larry Norman before (for proof, click here), and I'm not sure if this is going to turn into a series highlighting the songs from one of the most influential albums from one of the most influential Christian artists that a whole lot of people have never heard of (of course, now that I've said it, it sounds like a pretty good idea), but for today at least...consider this song, "I Love You."





We can be together for now and forever
I love you
Hey, can you hear me, I've got to have you near me
I love you
I was lonely till you came along
Now you've got me singing your love song
I love you...

Life is a mystery, love is a dancer
I love you
I had a question, you brought the answer
I love you
Oh, but I need you so
I could never let you go
I love you...

I was lonely once, but then you came along
And I love you
And you gave me love, so I wrote down this song
Hey, I love you
I wanna spend my life with you like the angels on high
Hey, I love you
You're the morning star, you're the Son in my sky
©1973 Glenwood Music Corp.
Strawbed Music


*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Truth is...it's not till the very end that a person can tell for sure that this is a worship song and not a romantic love ditty, but either way, it's a good thing to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment