Tuesday, October 31, 2017

If the Bible Were Being Written Today


I'm not a force to be reckoned with on Twitter, but I did recently fall in love with something tweeted by @AshleaDavis, who describes herself as follows: "Wife, raising boys, avid reader & coffee drinker. Breaking rules, loving Jesus, & laughing when I shouldn't. I want a nap."

While I don't condone or recommend breaking rules, I do enjoy a nap now and then and really appreciate this quotable quote from Mrs. Davis:



I'm glad the early church isn't now. The book of Acts would be called the book of Thoughts & Prayers.
 

Truth is...I probably like that statement because it correlates to an earlier post of mine on the subject of Thoughts and Prayers. But it also has served to remind me of a song performed by the now-defunct group, 4 Him: A Man You Would Write About.



Thank You, Lord, for stirring up this kind of passion again within this old guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment