Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Jesus Was NOT Self-Sufficient


You may be surprised to hear that Jesus didn't feel like He could depend on Himself.



I mean, there He was, God in the flesh. Able to heal the sick, raise the dead, and leap tall buildings in a single bound, but, according to Hebrews 2: 11-13, not comfortable in seizing the day without the Father's active presence.



So now Jesus and the ones he makes holy have the same Father. That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call them his brothers and sisters. For he said to God, “I will proclaim your name to my brothers and sisters. I will praise you among your assembled people.” He also said, “I will put my trust in him,” that is, “I and the children God has given me.” (NLT)


*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Truth is...(From my journal, February 20, 2001) If the Son of God saw the need to rely on Yahweh and not Himself, how much more must I (one who has the same Father) abandon all hope of self-sufficiency and throw myself into the loving care of the Most High God?


No comments:

Post a Comment