Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Come On, Blessing-Giver! - "Come Thou Fount" Prosified


Come on, Blessing-Giver, adjust my heart so I can sing about how you show me favor, even though I don't deserve it. The way you just keep being merciful to me deserves to be praised...loud and long.


Teach me one of the heavenly songs that angels sing. I want to praise the name that has totally captured my attention...the name of Jesus, who has lovingly redeemed me!



I'm drawing a line in the sand, Lord. Because of your love, you've blessed me and brought me safely this far, and I know your hands-on involvement will get me all the way Home.

When I was lost and had no idea who God was or that he loved me, Jesus came looking for me. He saved me from the wrong, dangerous path I was on; he spilled his blood to buy my safety.

I owe so much for how you give me all these blessings and allow me a fresh start with each day. My desire is that all the goodness you show me will help me to actually live a better life and permanently affix the core of who I am to you.

Because I can feel the awful truth...that my tendency is to wander away from you, the very God I profess to love so much. Here, Blessing-Giver, take my heart and forever make it part of your heavenly kingdom...label it Yours!


*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Truth is...I am prone to wander; Lord, I feel it. Please hold on to me tighter than I hold on to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment