Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Doubtful Praise - Psalm 13 Rewritten


Found this in some old papers. Not sure when I wrote it, but I am sure it still rings true from time to time.

*  *  *  *  *  *  * 

How long can I take this, God? It seems like you've forgotten me, or that you're ignoring me ... even hiding from me.

I sit and talk to myself, and it's depressing. And everybody else seems to really have it all together.

Will you please help me make some sense of all this, God? I could just die!

You see, there are those who seem to get their kicks out of seeing me falter.


And yet, you've been so wonderfully kind and generous to me in the past ... there's really no reason to doubt that you'll do it again. You have saved my soul for eternity and you will stand by me in this life, too.

I praise you, oh God, because you have blessed me more than I can thank you.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Truth is...David was never the only one who could be filled with doubt and praise at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment