Tuesday, April 10, 2012

On Colossians 3:17


In the New International Version, the 17th verse of the 3rd chapter of Paul's letter to the Colossians reads thus: "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."




Now HERE'S a challenging set of questions to ask myself before doing or saying anything...


Can I do this in Jesus' name...as His representative?
Can I thank the One who died for me for what I am about to do?
Will this activity mark me as a Christ-follower, or will it stand in stark contrast to that claim?


Truth is...like Paul, it's "not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." (Philippians 3:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment